Tuesday, April 26, 2011

sewing for eleanor

I've been inspired by several of the sewing b l o g s I read on a regular basis. Also, I've been watching the "kids" portion of our budget so that we can get a playground for the yard this summer (yeah, that's my excuse for sewing for hours each night and I'm stickin' to it!). As a result of these two things, I have been doing a LOT of sewing for Eleanor's spring/summer wardrobe. I'm talking an average of 3-5 finished garments/outfits a week for several weeks now! One of these days I will get them all clean & together to document my work but for now here are a few action shots of the little lady.

her "spinning skirt" made with fabric leftover from another project, apparently inspires her to RUN















oustide - finally!! - in a tunic made from some Amy Butler I've been stashing for a while... actually used a pattern for this one too, which is a rare occasion, and it has pockets which she loves
this is a cheater "homemade" as I sewed a skirt onto an existing shirt that didn't match anything and never got worn















As you can see the she does not like to be still for photos or much else (other than eating!) but she is so stinkin' cute I can't help but keep making things for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment